DREAMS - Developing Redcliff Educational and Mental Health Supports
DREAMS is a mental health capacity building (MHCB) project which provides universal mental health and wellness services and supports to members of the Redcliff Community. Our project is based out of the Redcliff Community Schools and Eagle Butte High School.
Our aim is to provide opportunities that will increase coping, knowledge and skills of community members to help self-protect their physical and mental health. We assist in skill and capacity building to help create an environment that supports mental wellness. We also provide support and knowledge to school staff and other community service providers to help build their capacity to support children, youth and their families
- Providing universal, early intervention mental health supports and services to all students and school staff, as well as parents and community partners. Targeted programming is provided to students who may need additional support.
- Educating school staff, parents and community partners about early warning signs of emotional and mental distress and how to get help.
- Coordinating relationships between schools and community partners to access supports and resources outside of the school or in partnership with the schools we serve.
- Empowering children, youth and their families to understand and manage their own mental health needs.
- Reducing stigma and discrimination of mental health and mental health issues.
As a whole, our team provides a variety of universal programming in the areas of mental health promotion and prevention to all community members and groups. Our partners and stakeholders are a large part of our initiative. If you are interested in participating in and/or receiving universal programming and services, or would like more information, please feel free to contact me.
DREAMS Project Coordinator